At this moment, Spain is in a State of Alarm (RD 463/2020)
The health and safety of our visitors is a priority for Balearic Islands. This page provides up-to-date information about the global Coronavirus crisis (Covid-19).
As of Saturday 14 March, 2020 the following rules affect everybody in Spain, including all our visitors:
1) People can only leave their accommodation establishment or residence for the following activities and reasons (and always unaccompanied):
For the purchase of food, medicine and other basic needs.
To attend health centres and facilities.
For urgent visits to banks and insurance companies.
Due to force majeure or an emergency situation.
2)All commercial, restaurant and leisure establishments (including museums, monuments, shows, sporting venues, parks, discos and cinemas, etc) will be closed except chemists, those that sell food, drinks, hygiene products and basic necessities, sellers of medical, optical and orthopedic products, press and stationery shops, automotive fuel sellers, tobacconists, technological and telecommunications equipment, pet food, dry cleaners and laundries, as well as online, telephone and postal-based companies.
3) The police may carry out the necessary checks to prevent any suspended services or activities from being carried out..
The Government of the Balearic Islands is working hard on a plan to organise the return of all the tourists currently in the Balearic Islands to their countries of origin
The aim is for people on holiday in the Balearic Islands to return to their countries of origin in an orderly fashion.
As a visitor staying in one of our tourism establishments, you are obliged to:
1) Stay in your room. You may only walk around the interior perimeter of the establishment to use the catering services offered.
2) Inside the establishment, you must: avoid congregating with people in common areas, dining rooms, bars and restaurants; keep at the recommended safety distance of one metre at all times; and take prevention measures (cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue or on the inside of your elbow, do not rub your face and eyes, and wash your hands frequently).
3) Restrictions have also been placed on travel by air and by sea that could result in significant changes to your return journey home. Please urgently contact your tour operator or your travel agent (if you have not already received information from them).
4) If you are a traveller with a direct booking, we recommend you start organising your return. In view of these imminent changes, we suggest you ask your airline about the situation as soon as possible. If you need any help, please contact the reception of the establishment where you are staying.
Flights will be banned
With the exceptions, all the cargo flights, special return flights to origin tourist destinations, and special return flights of Balearic residents from Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia and inter Balearic Islands.